Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This is my story.

Out here, the radio stations play the same songs over and over so when a new one comes on, you listen to it a little More intently. Well I am not embarrassed to say, though maybe a little surprised that when the climb came on by Miley Cyrus, it brought me a sense of peace. I have heard that song many many many times before, but I heard it differently this time. Being here is fun and exciting, but its also hard and you feel insecure. Coming from being a college senior to living at home and working the same summer job, there was not room for insecurities...I knew what I was doing...in a new place, with new people and new challenges...you grow, but also question many things. I had started to become anxious for the day when being here would seem easy, when I would know how to get everywhere, and would know more people, and when I would not have to ask so many questions. Also with all this time on my hands, questions about My future and what I really want were flooding my mind..I just wanted to have all the answers...listening to the words of that song: There's always gonna be another Mountain, I'm always gonna want to make it move...Ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about whats waiting on the other side, its the climb... then it became a little clearer...I had a sense of peace

I knew then that This is my story. I am making it now. This, that I am going through, these questions, these quiet nights, the insecurities, the transitions, the triumphs, the fear-- they are ALL apart of my story. I do not need to have the answers, I don't need to be anxious for the end product- my future and what will I become or when I finally fit in and this transition is not so hard whatever the end product is, this, this jumbled mess-this is my "ride" my present- living in it is my challenge and my ride. My story after all is all about the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment