Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Challenges...

So today was a great day! This might not mean much to most of you, but today I successfully navigated my way to the Vanceburg post office...alone and driving the big red truck! My fellow farm manager had to run errands in a bigger town in Ohio and I woke up realising I needed to mail something asap...so I decided to take on the challenge. With Jamie's directions, a google map(which cant locate the farm and therefore is not helpful) print out, an atlas, and the post office directions (given to me over the phone after calling the post office frantically) in hand I was on my way. And...I made it! I got home, went running-in the heat of the day which was another challenge, then went hiking on the Glenmary trails with both farm dogs, and then headed to Licking Valley to help with the commodity hand outs. From there Wild Woman treated me and Jamie to Pizza (yum!) and great company. Later we headed to Holy Redeemer to attend 730 mass...and now its time to relax back at the farm. Its been a good day full of new challenges...with Gods help and prayers from others I am adjusting fairly well. I am starting to feel more comfortable, and am learning my way around-bit by bit...Things I thought I could never do a few days ago(like drive the massive red truck on the little back country roads) I am doing now...and its only the first week! Thanks for all the well wishes..thanks for tuning in...here's to another day in Vanceburg...
growing more each day,
yours,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment