Monday, September 7, 2009

errands, errands, errands

Today was a day to go around town. We did not have official plans so we filled the day with many errands-post office, getting a library card, and delivering school supplies! Surprisingly school supplies are something needed around here. Many people donated bins and boxes full of supplies for all ages to the farm, so we used today to drive around to the local schools and drop them off. Something so simple, but can make a big difference! We also tried to rake up the piles of grass from the riding mower..we followed my dads method of rake and then use a tarp to transport...all was going well until it started to rain and we had to stop. As well as calling and calling student loan companies...which was not at the top of my fun list...Other than that, I am desperately trying to learn the history of Lewis County and KY...in realising the benefits of a NY state education I see now that I learned a lot about NY and not too much about KY or Appalachian culture. Before I can really embrace a place I like to know its roots...it just helps me piece it together(maybe that's the historian in me)..anyways with a few books from the library and some here at the farm..that's my new project in my free time...other than that trying to learn more of Lewis County...
Until next time,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment