Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Sunday in Cynthiana

Sunday, I have officially been here 2 weeks...wow it time starting to move fast..or am I just getting used to this life style?

Anyways, we started the day with mass at Holy Redeemer, followed by good food and fellowship with the rest of the parishioners afterwards. Then, I researched how far Cynthiana was from Vanceburg bc I had to go to Virtus training, or protecting God's children, a mandatory training for anyone working or volunteering in the diocese. Anways, I miss judged my time and at around 12 realised I was going to be 40 minutes late...ahhh I sped out of the car, hoped for the best, drove like a wild woman...and made it just as they were getting into the real material..phew! I lucked out. The training was interesting...it taught all about how to look for signs of pedifials, how to protect children from them ,and also how to protect yourself, and basically create safe environments for kids..or anyone... actually liked it. From there, I had to make my way to a gas station, and ask for directions back to the main road since I didn't have time to look that up before i left...well as I paid for the gas, all the employees jointly gave me directions...but as I was getting in my car, a guy came up to me and basically said that I had been given the wrong directions...he helped me find the right way, which was great...some people are just very nice! I would have made it on my own through trial and error...there aren't too many major roads around here..but it did save me some time...so thanks!!
Also, the area I drove through was so beautiful! Lots of farm land, cows, horses, fields and flowers- the sun was shining just right...it seemed perfect. I passed many small stores and churches, as well as many historic sites and markers...mostly civil war sites. I passed the Blue Lick state park(which I want to visit at some point) and went over the Licking river( which accordingto my research so far I believe salt lick creek, salt lick road and licking valley have names related to in origin!) I also saw a mailbox about 2 stories high...and a family out for a Sunday horse ride...it was a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I work with your Dad. I am very impressed that you are engaging with the community and reaching out to help. Great will be your reward. Please be safe.
    Dan Raccio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Tell my dad to have a good day and not to work too hard next time you see him at work!

    ReplyDelete