Sunday, September 20, 2009

Friends, wisdom and community

This past week was spent with a student group from McNicholas High School in Cincinnati. It was a busy week(you may have noticed by my lack of entries), being my first time with a group, but it was such a blessing. It was such a good group, and if every week is going to be filled with so much adventures, laughs, ups and downs...then I am in for such a great experience. The group was joyful, cooperative, and appreciative, seeing them appreciate the farm, helped me see it in a new light. Having a larger intentional community here was also fun. All the hard work, seemed to go pretty smoothly. One thing is for sure, it is hard to make new friends one week and them see them go...I anticipate it to be a challenge to be able to make friends every other week, say good bye and then do it again.... Overall, it was a week of growing. Seeing the rhythm of the farm, working construction and a pantry hand out day, as well as odd job tasks...it was work that kept me busy, which is how I like to live....but I am tired and am glad to have a day to rest. Seeing the day to day work of the farm, but also the deeper meaning that one can take away from a week here... the "real world", the value of simplicity and "tuning out", slowing down and only using what we need...being closer to God and trying to see all as God sees them....its true-this place does grow people...I know I am growing each day but am not sure exactly how...I am happy to be here...and am proud to be apart of this program

until next time... from a tired farm manger
peace and God Bless,
all my love
thanks for tuning in
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment