Wednesday, September 23, 2009

sewing circles...an unexpected blessing

This week, sewing with the women in service to Appalachia, as well as women in the community has been a blessing. Through history women have gathered to do this same thing and now I know why...it sounds so simple...gather and so- but its much more powerful than that. The fellowship, the sharing of stories, the gathering of talents for a better cause...I have had such a great time, and made many new friends. In the process we made over 200 pillow cases, as well as many adult bibs, wheel chair caddies and walker bags...it was a great project. I feel empowered to be a woman...which is interesting coming from an act that is so stereotypically womens work...yet it was an event I am positive could only be completed and valued by women...the real outcomes of this week will be felt by those present in the past few days...effects that hold a deeper meaning... it was a surprise...a blessing...I am grateful...
Knowing God works in mysterious ways...
grateful for the hospitality shown my way,
sewer in training,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment