Monday, November 29, 2010

What is your spiritual coffee


Question: what is your spiritual coffee? Answer: what?

Today at mass, the priest in Philly talked about how we all need coffee..to wake us up and keep us alert during the day. Physically we need coffee. Which, lately for my life has been true…I have converted and recently become a coffee lover. For those of you who knew how I desperately tried to avoid it even in college, well now I depend on it- long drives, long work days, many hours at the clothing pantry…when people ask how I will get it done I now reply coffee, and it is understood.
Well, this priest related coffee to spiritual life… He transitioned to advent and how we need to be ready for the Lord to come…we need to prepare ourselves and be awake. He posed an interesting question…what is your spiritual coffee? What keeps you awake and stimulates your faith? And honestly, I don’t know. He talked on the importance of prayer to a healthy growing prayer life…and well I pray each day…but I do not take quiet time to listen to God each day. He also talked about purple being the color of repentence and making sure you were right with the Lord. Hmmm…something to think about. So, I guess my challenge for Advent is to find my spirtual coffee…what in my life can awaken my spirituality and bring me where I need to be. Something to think about at least…

2 comments:

  1. For me, I think those chance encounters with others that you "meet" for some mysterious reason stimulates my faith. When the stars align and you end up someplace you wernt planning on, but God totally was for reasons you cant understand until it hits you like a ton of bricks!
    Nature is a good spiritual coffee too i think.
    Nice one Coll, i like this question :)

    ReplyDelete