Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey, Mr. Arlington, Friends, and Family

Thankful for Thanksgiving:

This year, we got a nice break for Thanksgiving. After pantry handout(410 families yikes!) we had almost a week to be off. Me and Allison had decided to drive home. She is on my way back so we were able to split the drive . Also, flights these days have been a bit crazy…so driving was a nice challenge to take on.
We made it pretty smooth. We even timed it so that I almost saw my old teammates finish their last XC race of the season(and for some of college). Go Foxes!!
My trip home was pretty great. Busy and full of visiting but nice. Actually it was full of watching the tape of Mr. Arlington…yeah, that’s right my brother won. I got a day with Nana and a day to visit Marist and sit in on a friends class. I also got to help tow my old red car out…man it did not want to leave me. That car was a trooper…whoever gets parts from it is lucky! We had a great Thanksgiving…full of family time and food! And of course I got to see a bit of Melly and Linds when I was home too! We capped the break off with the annual trip to Philly for the Oireachtas. Man, Irish dance is crazy…sometimes I forget…and yet I still love it. Tim and Mich danced great1 Especially for the amount of prep time other sports and injuries allowed them this year. Tim got third, which he deserved but was unexpected…Mich did great too..but for those who know Irish dance..well its just another thing for girls…she was in the seventies…like 4ish away from a recall…pretty good I think! And now, after a sad goodbye to the fam…I am off again to KY…to continue our work fro the week. It feels weird to not be going back with them…but I am just glad I am at a place that lets me go home. That lets me visit and be there when I need to. And….soon so soon I will be back for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment