Sunday, October 11, 2009

Waiting, Patience and Presence

Today we prepare for Mount Saint Mary College(MD) to arrive. I am a little nervous b/c I have yet to work with a college group, but I have faith it will all work out.

Yesterday Jame, Alex and I went grocery shopping and got to eat at my new fave Gattis(a pizza buffet place -oh boy!) then we returned home..I went on a hike with our dogs, and was surprised by the St. Patricks kids coming to stay for the night...we got to play some Bball...it was good. We closed the night with farm manager game of canasta round two...Alex won again! too bad I learned how to play for real half way in...well I'm sure theres more to come of that.

Lately I can't sleep well. Whenever there is heavy rain I hear the creek nearby and although the sound of rain calms me and puts me to sleep, for some reason knowing its a rushing creek keeps me awake(maybe thoughts of flood procedure j/k lol). Anyways, I know the simple solution would be to close my window...but I like it open when I sleep...So I am just hoping that I will get used to it...I remember freshman year at Marst the train woke me up every time it went bye...a few months in, it was a comforting noise and still is today, maybe one day the creek will be that noise for me

Also, before closing today, I just wanted to ask for prayers. Things are going well here, and I am really happy. But, as always I seem to find myself wondering what I will do next (next as in after next September).I have been looking into options (maybe Grad school for Pastoral ministry or something like it...not sure)and such...but I think a challenge for me is to stop planning. I need to stop being apprehensive, always looking forward and learn to JUST BE here. So, please keep me in mind that I will have more confidence in what God has planned and that I can trust to let it unfold as it should...that way I can be here more, in this time and in this place...
thanks,
well, heres to being thankful for another wonderful day
wishing you peace
sending my love,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. God will tell you what you need to do...my friend Maria keeps telling me God is not subtle, and this year, He's proved that to me. You'll know what you need to do. keep living in and enjoying the moment and let it bring you peace. I love reading all your updates on life in KY, and I love that you love it, too. Peace, blessings, love, and a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Nicki...that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen

    Ahh i really enjoy reading your stuff, as well as nicki's, i feel like we have this lil blogging trio! Way to go with the awareness piece. I mean, half of us are not even aware we need to "let go" and "stop planning" i think this is a great initial step...you can see your awareness building. I feel like this is a big year for you, growth wise my friend. Def do what nicki suggested...surrender to the moment, everything falls as it should....you got to KY right? ;)

    ReplyDelete