Wednesday, October 28, 2009

friendly visits!!


Sorry it has been a while between posts...I was feeling a bit under the weather and was busy..so just now catching up on the routine.

After Notre Dame left, I was sad to see them go, but also jumping out of my skin with excitement because my other half, my two best friends from home were coming to visit me. Lindsay and Mel drove up from New York and spent most of the weekend here. At first deep down I think I may have been also a little nervous...not sure if I or they had changed in the two months we were apart, but no..things were as they should be.

It was great just to be with people who knew me so well...just being together was enough. Yet, I also wanted to show them around. We got to see Vanceburg and test out local restaurants. We went on a tour of Cascade cave at Carter Caves and saw real bats!After church on Sunday we spent the entire day hiking in the tree tops at Carter Cave trails. We saw beautiful natural bridges and the views were amazing. Hiking took a while because we just enjoyed it...took many pictures, collected leaves and we just happy together. From there we went to wildwomans to watch the amazing race and then retired back to the farm to rest up. It was such a good weekend to have a little bit of home here...thanks guys!!!(pictures will be put up when our computer stops being temperamental)

Anyways other than that, the last few days have been recovery...fighting off whatever bug was trying to bring us down. We hit our usual off week stops...the library! and yesterday I was able to spend most of the day painting since my family sent paints down with Linds and Mel...for today..its on to plan for this weekends groups.
Wishing you all good health
sending love,
Colleen







(As promised...here are some pictures of the weekend..more to come later)




1 comment:

  1. beautiful! i hope you keep feeling better! and your comment about "real bats" made me smile. love you! keep smiling! (and painting)

    ReplyDelete