Saturday, October 17, 2009

God is not subtle

Today ends the trip for Mount St. Mary's College, a great week and my first College group here on the farm. A friend of mine recently tole me that God is not subtle...well I had been feeling like I wasn't doing my best here-I could work harder/ more, I could live more simply etc/ It was all too fun and seemed like it should be more...well I was also having trouble being present...I prayed for the ability to really be here in this space-well I felt too controlled by time and my watch just shut off and I felt too disconnected and the Internet goes off..although frustrating at first it was good in the end, I felt really present for this group this week...coincidence or not...it was good.thanks.
This week was awesome. The 3 of us farm managers are a really good team, enjoy each other company and work well together- we are lucky! We have a community here now, something that was not here a little over a month ago. We each have our different strengths and together we made it work. This week faced with flat tires, sick dogs, changes to the schedule, power outages,rainy/ cold weather, getting lost etc...and it all did not effect the groups week...

It was neat working with college students. At first it was an interesting change, high school kids listen more because they are younger, but college kids make us their equals which is even better. Together we made a community this week and I was able to learn from them. They really got this place at a deeper level which was neat to see. After this week ,I see thing in myself I want to work on...like establishing more of an intentional community, trying to live more simply...trying to develop my faith even further...and being okay with just waiting ...I was reminded of both the struggles and rewards of service, the realities of living simply, the beauty of deep faith and to be careful of judgements of others...I also saw glimpses of myself in college which allowed me to look at myself through a different perspective....overall it was a great week
I made friends with some amazing people...they all were wonderful and will go on to do great things! It was so nice to be present in this space...God was working this week.
Thanks Mount St. Marys for some hard work, friendship, many laughs, and a great time!

2 comments:

  1. the title of the blog made me smile. :) i'm glad it was a good week! the amount of beauty in little things is absolutely astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one too. Its funny to observe others close to your age and be reminded of what you were like then, and what gifts are brought during those years. :)

    ReplyDelete