Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010...here we go

As we said goodbye to 2009 and welcomed 2010...thoughts of all that has changed in a year fill my head. One of the biggest realizations I had these past couple days was that wow...2009 what one heck of a year!!
2009... my last year of college, a year I lost myself and began to find it again, a year of sorrows and hardships and a year of good times with friends and many good laughs. Looking back, I see our country realising it needs work, and I see people losing their jobs, yet I also see volunteer time rising and a real interest in the world around us....Every where you look there is good and bad...at least by our standards and I know this past year was hard for many people...cutting back, stepping back and for the first time in a while thinking about the difference between wants and needs. 2009, was the year I questioned things and was challenged and a year I began to learn, it was the year I first felt called to the farm and despite fear answered that call. It was the year I graduated from Marist and a year where I grew up(maybe just a little)...no matter how much I did not want to...and it has been a year where God has been patiently, slowly but clearly calling me closer.
Looking back...there were hard times...and easy times....so much has happened its hard to believe it all fit into the one year....One things for certain...it was eventful.
And yet, as we rang in the New Year and embraced 2010, I was filled with hope. It seemed to be a mutual feeling with me and the world around...Goodbye 2009...Welcome 2010...lets bring on the new beginnings....

No comments:

Post a Comment