Monday, January 4, 2010

HIghlights of home

my trip home has been wonderful! Catching up with family...through the good and the bad...being able to physically be there with those I love as things happen and not having to be filled in over the phone...well its been good...as my trips about to close, I thought I'd sumarize some highlights...at least for my own memory

Well, I love everything about Christmas so the days leading up to it...are my favorite. When I first came home, the snow got in the way of me participating in the Christmas event at KNox's headquarters this year, but Luckily I was still able to get together and Bowl with the gang. Then Me Mags Tim and Mich had to get the house ready for Michs bday party as Mom and Dad went to a funeral for a friend.
Shopping with Tim and Mich for Christmas and making presents is always a good time.
Christmas and birthdays and other holidays with the family.... always the best!

Playing Quelf and watching tv and sharing meals and conversations...family time...so good
Seeing the Christmas Spectacular, grabbing coffee with friends...planning get-togethers with college friends that fall through are disappointing...but surprising the effort some make even despite the obstacles... well, reminds me how lucky I am

Bringing in the New Year...free train rides, glittering eye lashes, delicious dinner, free Octopus, great fondue, free drinks, girls night out, New Years hats, music from a juke box, catching up with friends, laughing..just like the old times...crowded bus station, falling asleep on the bus, news of New Babies, walking home in the snow..following a deer, Mary Poppins x2, lounging...perfect

Missing friends...sometimes things just don't work out, getting together with others...it will be along time until I am home again...but I am lucky to have this time

No comments:

Post a Comment