Friday, January 29, 2010

A Week of firsts

So, once again...every week at the farm is different. The weather this week has been back to cold, cold and more cold...
We just got done with a high school group. They were smaller than expected, and a group of all guys, but I think they got a lot out of the farm. They reminded me that if one person is effected by their time here, then it makes it all worth it. Just because the farm is not so new to me, doesn't mean that it can not change the way others see things, it is good to be reminded sometimes. Living here, I think at times I am beginning to take it for granted...the farm and the program...it becomes life and you forget how special it really is....so this week even though short...was good for me

This week I spent a lot of time at the pantry...cleaning and sorting the clothing side and packing the food boxes. I also got to visit with wild woman...it had been over a week since our last visit and we missed her. This week also had a couple first...I had to accompany a student to the doctors for x-rays after he got hurt playing basketball...my first time with a mini crisis...also we had some local visitors come and join for a game of bball...pretty fun...they beat us(even though I did not play lol) anddd...today as I went to check on the bunks....I saw the dogs grabbing the remains of some animals body...yes the same dogs that would not scare off a dog following me on our property had enough energy to rip apart another animal...I still love them anyway...but come on!

Also...i had not been sleeping great lately and I noticed mybed was caving in....so today I moved my bed around...I found that the planks holding my box spring were out...ahha....no wonder it was a little uncomfortable...anyways...its fixed and wonderful now

other than that...its an off week...and it will be a cold one...
until next time
wishing peace and sending all mylove,
Colleen <3

3 comments:

  1. i love your stories for the week. the experience sounds so beautiful! i think by continually being present, you take nothing for granted. you inspire me. sending a bit of trini sun to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,

    I have been a little "tired of the routine" of my volunteer job; you know, come in work, blah blah. It has started to take a repetitive tone, but this entry reminded me that as volunteers come and go here, they too always have a unique experience and this entry reminded me to be present to that and witness it. I have been so caught up in making sure I contribute to my organization that I forgot i contribute every day in big ways, through little things. So, thanks for the wake up call :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.... that means a lot...its something I have been struggling with too...but important...thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete