Sunday, November 15, 2009

All about Perspective

Whatever the reason, last week left me especially tired. Many of the individuals were great and got so much out of the farm...so especially for their sake...I wish I could have given it more...I guess the way I could have given it more was to remember that its not all about me...regardless of how I am feeling...I still have to give my all...and remain open to the experience..one way for me that it could have been better was that at times there seemed to be a lack of community. Almost every meal there was not food left for those at the end of the line no matter how many times we reminded people about portion control...also getting volunteers for things was like pulling teeth many times...small things like that add up and make it difficult to live in an intentional present minded, voluntary simple lifestyle...small things... that do not seem important represent so much more...that for a week at least we are attempting to live a different way...its not about those individual small things but the bigger picture and what those things represent in our lives....anyways in the end there were many improvements in the group...and many got the farm....it just wiped us completely. The positive side was that as a three person team, us farm managers learned to handle many situations and we feel way more prepared to do so in the future. Overall it was a week of learning.
So, I would like to thank our last group for showing me a lot about myself and my coworkers and for still trying to experience things here despite everything. Thanks for keeping up the effort...I hope you remember all you learned at the farm.
This week, we've already got another group here...all boys from Rhode Island...nice to have people that have actually heard about my home and know being form New York does not mean I'm from the city...its nice to hear a New England accent also...reminds me of Marist...so far so good...until next time,
the ever learning farm manager,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment