Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bishop Hendriken

Last week we had the pleasure of hosting Bishop Hendriken High School from RI. There is so much to say...it was a great week, the guys had lots of energy. They really held community as a priority and were eager to experience all they could at the farm. Sometimes for me, back to back groups are challenging in the fact that I am emotionally drained. This week especially the first half I felt I wasn't giving 100% to the group b/c I was tired...somehow I felt guilty about this. However, the week went great and it was a lesson for me that number one: I am learning slowly that I still have lots to learn and two: that its not all about me. I realised that the week people come to the farm and the work done are all about God. When we have a successful week...its not us doing it, its God working through us...and also that sometimes what we classify as good and bad well...are not ours to judge.....ultimately in the end I learned that I am not in control.

Now removed from the week I think of packing many food boxes, visiting wild woman and seeing the boys feed the cows hay from their mouths, putting in and cutting insulation, backing the van into a ditch, almost sliding the van off the bridge, delivering firewood and moving Christmas supplies...from rock climbing and pirate fighting...their were many laughs...thanks guys for a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment