Friday, November 6, 2009

Busy busy bees

This week was mainly the Colleen and Alex show since Jamie was away. Not being used to complete off weeks ...we kept ourselves pretty busy...Tuesday we ran some errands in town and then I got to sew with some women at church and attend a meeting about taking negativity out of my everyday habits and eventually my life

Wednesday me and Alex wanted to go on an adventure...being on a low budget we decided to head to Blue Licks battle field...we walked some trails made by buffalo herds years ago...saw the place of the Blue Licks battle and saw the site of old springs and old hotels during the 1800s...pretty neat all in all(pictures to follow at a later date)...we finished the nice day off with some time at applebees...a treat in civilization

Thursday we helped hand out government commodities at Licking Valley, went to mass and then went to Wild Woman's to share a pizza and watch survivor...we were spoiled
(today I also broke part of my permanent retainer even more...it was frustrating because something so small but for some reason bothered me...eventually through moms guidance and some nice people in town I have the name of a dentist in town I can hopefully see next Friday...hope my teeth don't move too much...still..something so small and silly...not sure why it was so frustrating)

Last but not least, today was handout day at the Pantry. Jamie was back and it was the first time all three of us were there for an entire pantry day. Although lots of work, I love pantry days. I have been lucky enough to work every handout since i have been here. I now recognize many of the people coming in and I know the system...its fun! Today was a good handout...the clothing section was pretty busy...as it gets colder we try and put warmer stuff out. In total we had about 230 families...so pretty good. There were many new faces. One highlight of the day was showing a young couple a fake Christmas tree we had in the back...they took it for their new apartment...to have for their first Christmas together...pretty cool...also we got to give George at the food pantry the 600 dollar check one of the Notre Dame students raised and mailed to us...that was a good thing as well...other than that...it was a good day with good people...now, I am tired and ready to rest up until our next group comes in tomorrow

until next time,
peace and love,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment