Friday, August 14, 2009

why title the blog Come As You Are?

When trying to decide what to name my blog,I took many titles into consideration. Then, one day on the radio I heard this song titled "Come as You are." At first it reminded me of my first experience at Glen springs in Vanceburg KY when as a warm wakeup call community members yelled at those still sleeping(as late as 7am) "COME AS YOU ARE!!" so we could all gather for breakfast and get on with the day. However, listening to this song it put more meaning to this expression. It was all about bringing who you are right now, and not waiting to come to God until feeling worthy enough. It got me thinking about my upcoming experience in KY this year. I am not sure what to expect, I am both excited and nervous, yet all I can do is bring myself and trust that what I am now will be enough. So, here is my blog. I am moving in two weeks to Lewis County KY and will be a farm manager on the Glen mary farm. I have a lot to learn, but am willing to try new things thrown my way. I am simply bringing myself and am open to whatever I may learn and experience this year. I am hoping this blog will both be a way for me to make sense of my experience, but also to share it with those who cannot be there with me. Thanks for tuning in. I wish you all peace, and send my love,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment