Sunday, August 30, 2009

saying goodbye and starting new all in the same moment

Today, Sunday I am finally here. This is the start of a new begging. As I am starting my time at the farm here, another farm manager is leaving. It will be interesting to see what unfolds for me along the way. One thing for certain, I am a very very very lucky girl! Coming here and saying goodbye was hard, I will miss everyone from home a lot! In saying my "goodbye for nows" I realised just how much I am loved...and it is a lot! The last few days have been filled with many hugs, tears, laughs and gifts. From making sure I have all I need, to writing note cards for each day, scrapbooks and even play lists that remind me of friends and family...I am so blessed. Thank you! The ride down was fun! Mom Dad, Maggie and Me...it hasn't been just the four of us in a while. We listened to music, slept, looked at the scenery and ate fast food along the way-(the makings of perfect road trip!) When we arrived at the farm around 10pm everyone there quickly helped me carry stuff in the house. We unpacked and me and mags shared my new bed(just like the old days). The next day, Sunday we went to mass at Holy Redeemer-my new parish and met many of the people I'm sure I will call friends soon. After that, Joe, the volunteer director, took the fam on the tour of the farm, and then I said goodbye as they headed back to New York. (Mom, Dad and Mags-I love you all very much! Thank you for taking the time to see where I will be and for making sure I am all set with everything!) With a group not coming for a while I have been lucky enough to have the time to settle in. Everyone here is so nice and helpful. I know this place is good for me and I only hope that I can be good for it! As dad was leaving he said something to me about just being bean...well I look forward to finding how I fit in and what role I can play here(I only hope just being me will be enough). At the Glenmary farm it is quiet, cute, and peaceful. They said the farm is where peace came and stayed...well peace is with me today which is surprising since things are still so new. Right now I am wondering what will happen next. I expect hard work. I expect some things to be awkward at first. I expect to be challenged in new ways. I expect to grow and develop a deeper relationship with God. I also expect to feel at home here. So far its the first day and life is simply easy because I have not had to do anything except to just be. A gentle breeze blows by, I hear natures noises and am comforted by the warm sun and the leaves rustling in the trees. As I sit on the porch swing and one of the farm dogs falls asleep at my feet, I wonder about the future potential this experience may bring...
For now, I am loved and I am lucky...
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog so far...i started here and worked my way up! I hope things continue to unfold in a blessed way for you colleen. love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete