Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week after Easter...opening the farm to New Yorkers

The week after Easter, we were tired from all the business f the season, but I was so excited for the next group to come because they were from New York! Although a different part of the state, I was still very excited to get to know them and connect with other New Yorkers. Also, their college was in the MAAC and raced Marist, so for once they were bound to have heard of my college. When they arrived, to my surprise, there was a fellow 09 Red Fox there. Although we had never met, we lived in similar circles at college, and it was nice to make a connection at the farm. Overall, the week had some challenges just like every other week. Overall, looking back I think I earned a lot about leadership and teamwork. I am so thankful to be working with Jamie and Alex who make me stronger and as a whole make the farm a better place. It was a good week in the end getting to know the students and learning about their lives. Also, we had a mid week visit from past farm friends...which was great and really brought our spirits up! So again, I am thankful for the lessons learned and the people I learned them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment