Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

I have been fortunate in my life to never have missed a holiday with my family until this Easter. Each holiday at "home" has its own traditions...things that make another year past, and are filled with family time. Holy week for me, is a time where I usually get to be with my family. We go to church and hang out and prep for Easter. We dye eggs and the bunny comes...and on Easter itself we dress up, go to church and see pretty much all of our extended family....its basically awesome.

This year, at first I was sad to be away.. I was thinking of my family a lot...and I know they were thinking of me too. And, at the end of the day...although I missed them...I am glad I was able to spend time with the family I have made here. I started out the day by hiding surprises for my coworkers...the best friends I could ask for in this job...then, they humored me and wore the bunny ears I made for us as we hid over 200 eggs for the kids at church. The mass itself, well it was great. It was packed...everyone dressed up...many had their family visiting...and Father Larry was back...and healthy finally! Joy was just filling the place! After mass, the kids hunted eggs, and we shared tons of food..and many laughs. After mass I went with Jamie to bring communion..which is always fun..and then we spent a large part of the day enjoying the sunshine. We finished the day with dinner with Joe and Laura which is always fun...they even made us Easter baskets. Overall, it was a good day.
So, although I missed being home, I am glad I was here to be a part of the celebration
thankful for the people here..and this place

No comments:

Post a Comment