Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dad at the Farm and a quick visit home

After the last group left, I was excited to see my dad. He was visiting Kentucky and was coming to see me at the farm! This place is hard to explain completely if you have never been here. So, I was looking forward to sharing with him all the things I loved about being here but maybe could not put into words. Also, I really missed him and was excited to spend some quality time catching up. My dad got here in time for church on Sunday. He got to meet much of the community I so love here. Following church, I took him on a drive all around the county...he saw work sites...we got to go walking...and we even ate at Kenny's! Later that night we planned for our travel the next day and got to spend some time with Wild Woman. Overall, I think my dad enjoyed himself...I know I did!
The next day, we traveled up to Dayton so I could meet with some programs I am interested in for Grad school. I was so scared at first...but once I started talking and listening, I realised it was a great place...and I am excited for that next step in life when I reach it!
After Dayton...we flew home! woohoo! Its hard to remember all I did the days at home because I feel like I could have blinked and it would have been over. There was a lot to do for mom's fundraiser for PD. Everyone did have to work during the days so I kept busy trying to help out, visiting with Nana or at Marist.At night I did get to hang with the fam...and it was really so good to see them...I wish it was longer!
Overall it was a good, quick visit. I got to reconnect with many I miss and love in NY..and the fundraiser was a hit! Overall it reminded Me just how loved I am at home and how lucky I am! I am so thankful for the people in my life...I have been blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment