Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Post Thanksgiving Catch up

Sorry for the lack of posts...after thanksgiving things have a been a whirl wind...
So, ill keep it short...I came back to the farm and jumped into the week of Wright state students. They were great! Very kind and reflective but also fun...they got a lot of work done and it was a nice transition for me coming back from home to the week. I was able to settle back into the farm quite easily...thanks guys for giving me that gift. Seeing the farm make a difference in other peoples lives...reminds me why I came down here...sometimes its funny how you can forget that...especially when being home...a place where there is comfort and I am so loved...so it was good to come back to that.

Since then...we have a new member in the staff house...Luke from Kenya. So, the four of us have been very busy trying to spread Christmas cheer...we baked cookies all weekend...delivered a st. Nicholas surprise on bossman joe's doorstep, we attended a benefit concert for the pantry and we delivered cookies and cards to many of our friends in the community. So today we are off to clean the pantry and get it ready for the big handout on the 18th...so until then...
we will continue to be Santa's elves...

and while being so busy trying to make time to keep whats really important in focus..each other and God...and the reason for the season...trying to fit it all in and keep a sense of peace...

off to work now...
sending my love, wishing peace,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment