Monday, April 18, 2011

Refelctions on Noah's Ark

The more time I find myself removed from the farm, the more I find myself finding wisdom in the experiences I had there. My time at the farm has transitioned from my current life story to more of an abstract memory...its hard to believe I actually did all those things...little old me(with the help of one big God that is)

One thing that has struck me is the image of Noah's ark. During my last week at the Farm, I was looking at my room walls trying to soak in the space...wanting to preserve it to my memory. As I looked around at the decorations that the room came with and the ones I added, I looked at familiar images of what I believe and love. suddenly I noticed a wooden image of Noah's Ark! It had been there my entire time and I lived among that symbol during my 18 months at the farm without realising what it stood for. Even during the floods...which I consider a dark time in my faith life...I was tired. I was so in the middle of it all I forgot to breathe and rest. And yet, God had this little sign of hope in my own bedroom...in my comfort space there was the symbol of this ark....that life moves on, there is hope after the hard times as long as you have faith there will always be hope. I found it interesting that I found this ark special not during the floods but only after I was to leave that space. I guess sometimes even when you are looking for signs of hope, we are too consumed in ourselves we miss what is right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment