Monday, February 28, 2011

RIP Bonzo and Mr. Beaglesworth.

For those that do not know, Bonzo and Mr. Beaglesworth have been the farm animals for years. They both are unique characters who love to sleep during the day, eat compost, and bark all night long. They were beloved by volunteers and farm mangers alike, a constant on the ever changing farm. My first friend at the farm was Bonzo, he kept me company the first day as my family was leaving. He sat right next to me as I remained outside trying to journal and figure out all my feelings. Over the year there were many moments when we thought Bonzo may die. He was old for an outside dog and did not move around as he used to. He hobbled up steps and shivered in the cold. In the summer, he looked like he would wilt form the heat of all his hair. Yet, he survived these conditions. Many nights I went to bed praying that Bonzo would still be there in the morning..and he was. Never was I worried about Mr. Beaglesworth. Yet, this winter he suddenly lost tons of weight and passed away. About a month later Bonzo became sick and passed away as well. It was a sad day for the farm, but in the end I know they are both in a a better place. Now, the farm has Aurora..a spunky dog who loves people and is loved in return. She will not replace my dear old friends,because they will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment